- 13/12/21: I Can't Believe It's (Still) Not Better! workshop at NeurIPS 2021 (I'm an organiser)
- 09/10: Invited talk at WBME13; 'Predicting circulatory failure in the ICU using machine learning'
- 24/09: Guest lecture for MIT HST953 (Collaborative Data Science in Medicine) on 'Representation Learning in Medical Time Series'
- May-July: Supervising Edward de Brouwer for an internship at MSRC
- 18/05: Moderated a session for Khipu 2021 on self-supervised learning
- 28/04: Talk for UCL CHIMERA on 'Predicting near-term circulatory failure in the ICU with machine learning'
- 08-09/04: CHIL 2021! (I was virtualisation chair)
- 18/03: Invited talk at AMLD EPFL track on Clinical Machine Learning on 'Context is Everything: A Case Study in Hypotension Prediction', recording here
- 16/02: Paper published in CHIL 2021! Rocheteau, E., Liò, P., & Hyland, S.L. (2021). Temporal pointwise convolutional networks for length of stay prediction in the intensive care unit. Proceedings of the Conference on Health, Inference, and Learning.
- 11/12: ML4H 2020 NeurIPS workshop! (I was general chair)
- 09/12: Served as mentor at the WiML workshop at NeurIPS
- 13/11: Poster at TPDP workshop at CCS 2020 on 'An Empirical Study on the Intrinsic Privacy of Stochastic Gradient Descent' with Shruti Tople
- 28/07: Talk for PyData Manchester on 'Can randomness in stochastic gradient descent provide privacy?', recording here
- 23-24/07: CHIL 2020! (I was communications chair)
- 18/07: ML for Global Health workshop at ICML 2020! (I was an organiser)
- 23/06: Invited talk at Advances in Data Science 2020 on 'Can randomness in stochastic gradient descent provide privacy?', recording here
- April-September: Co-supervising AI Residents Yoana Paleva and Ben Williams at MSRC
- 09/03: Paper published in Nature Medicine! Hyland, S.L., Faltys, M., Hüser, M. et al. Early prediction of circulatory failure in the intensive care unit using machine learning. Nat Med 26, 364–373 (2020)
- 13/12: ML4H 2019 NeurIPS workshop! (I was D&I chair)
- 30/08-1/09: Invited mentor and speaker at Aarhus Critical Care Datathon
- July-September: Supervising Emma Rocheteau for an internship at MSRC
- 25/06-26/06: Invited talk at Machine Learning for Genomics and Precision Medicine Symposium on 'Machine learning for early prediction of circulatory failure in the intensive care unit'
- 17/06: Upgraded from Postdoc to Senior Researcher at MSRC
- 31/05: Officially graduated from my PhD Program!
- 28/05-29/05: Debater and moderator at Machine Learning for Health Unconference
- 04/03: Joined Microsoft Research Cambridge as a Postdoc
2018 and earlier
- 03/12/2018: Defended my PhD thesis at Weill Cornell, 'Representation Learning on Sequential Medical Data'
- More events may be included at some point
- 08/07/2013: Moved to the USA to start a PhD in Computational Biology and Medicine